COVID-19 Summer Camp FAQ
What will be the masking policy and other covid precautions look like for summer 2021?
The CDC has issued the guidelines for the summer of 2021 during the week of 6-7-2021. After reviewing the guideline for Youth Camps (click here to see full CDC guidance) we have come to these guidelines for both Day and Sleepover Camps for the summer of 2021. We are committed to providing a healthy and fun camp season for 2021. As the pandemic is not eradicated we will have certain safety precautions in place to help ensure Walcamp to be a healthy place.
- A majority of your Staff is Vaccinated, all of our year-round and senior staff is fully vaccinated.
- Pre-screening questions will be asked upon arrival to camp as well as temperature checks.
- During the week of camp, the health of all campers will be monitored and at any sign of illness, the camper will be looked over by our medic or nurse of the week.
- We have established a safe air-conditioned place for quarantine if needed.
- Parent's will be notified as soon possible if symptoms present themselves
- To ensure the health of the entire camp we will be asking campers to wear masks whenever inside the dining hall and not able to keep a social distance of 6ft
- During meal times, Campers and Walcamp Staff will be asked to wear masks while in the food line and remove them once they return to their table
- Masks will not be required outside unless campers will be in very close proximity to each other for over 5 consecutive minutes
- As we are an accredited camp through the American Camp Association we will be usine the field guide developed as guidance to safe camp operations. (If interested email- Bill@walcamp.org for a copy of this field guide.
- Frequent hand washing will be encouraged and made available very frequently during the day
- Sleeping will be toe-to-head and head-to-toe in the bunk rooms and air circulation will be increased with fans and HVAC fan.
- If you have any questions or concerns please call Bill Indelli, Executive Director at 815-784-5141
Due to the pandemic, are there any assistance programs to help with camper fees?
Yes, as we know that times will be challenging for some of us and Walcamp does offer payment plans to help space out the payments. Our standard procedure is to span payment plans to be complete by the time your week of camp hits. This year we are willing to span the payments through August 31st of 2021. To do this register online, do not make the deposit payment but call the office at 815-784-5141. We will set up a payment plan that works within your budget. We do also offer needs based "Camperships". For additional "campership" details click here.